2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
1 pinch of ground cloves
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/3 cup pumpkin purée
6 tablespoons honey
3/4 cups buttermilk
1. Heat oven to 425 F.
2. In a mixing bowl combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and spices.
3. In a glass measuring cup combine the pumpkin, honey, and buttermilk, and whisk with a fork to combine.
4. Cut the butter into the flour mixture and then stir in all but the last 1/4 cup of the buttermilk mixture with a fork to combine. If mixture seems dry, add the additional 1/4 cup.
5. Sprinkle flour onto a work surface. Sprinkle top of dough with flour, and pat into a rectangle, fold in half, rotate clockwise, pat back out, and fold again. Repeat this once more, and then gently pat the dough out to about 1-inch thick.
6. Grease a baking sheet, and cut out the biscuits to desired size. Place the biscuits on the sheet, touching.
7.Gently re-roll the scraps as needed until all the biscuits are cut, and then bake for 10 to 13 minutes until puffed and cooked through.
For more delicious recipes, visit Food52.
Photograps: Beth Kirby for Food 52